When considering fishing in Canada many have looked into staying at Canadian fishing lodges. There are a wide variety of them for sure in all types of settings and places throughout the country.
Let’s dive right in.
An Escape to Canadian Fishing Lodges
When it comes to the fishing itself, have you ever watched one of those televised shows that show the fabulous fishing available in Canada, and wondered, can that really be true? Can the fish actually be so huge? Can the scenery be so spectacular?
It IS true!
From the eastern shores of the Maritime Provinces to the vast wooded tract of coastline on the west shores of British Columbia, Canada offers fishing that is so abundant and unspoiled.
A Global Destination
Anglers from around the globe visit each year often staying at Canadian fishing lodges, then subsequently return year after year.
All Provinces offer fishing that is unique to them, yet all are connected by a common theme, and that’s the huge expanses of almost undiscovered lakes and rivers in the northern regions.
Look at the Province of Ontario, 95% of its population reside in the lower regions that account for maybe 10% of its land mass. What’s in the other 90%?
Huge, crystal clear, lakes & rivers. Thousands of them! And all full of fish and a few Canadian fishing lodges.
Ontario has it All and Canadian Fishing Lodges
Whether one is looking for a weekend retreat that’s accessible with your family car or the “trip of a lifetime”, a visit to a remote northern lake accessible only by float plane, this province offers it all.
No Roads to some Canadian Fishing Lodges
Compare that to the even larger expanse of the Nunavut. Here’s a Territory that sits almost entirely north of the 60th parallel and has almost all it’s regions inaccessible by roads. There simply are none!
But the fishing! Home to more I.G.F.A records than any other fresh water region in the WORLD!
5th Largest Body of Water in The World
Did you know the N.W.T is home to the 5th largest body of fresh water on the globe? It also has some spectacular Canadian fishing lodges on its shores.
Great Bear Lake is 500 miles north of Yellowknife and the closest permanent road is some 300 miles away?
Under the Ice
Almost 12,500 square miles of crystal clear water, that’s under ice for all but maybe 100 days a year. Water so cold, that fish grow so slowly they can be 60-80 years old.
Then consider this.
There is only one community on this lake. Maybe 500 people, tops! Four Canadian fishing lodges, over 280 miles of lake between one and the next closest!
Ice Free for Two Months
Ice free for just a couple of months, these Canadian fishing lodges can operate only 2 short months a year. Total capacity between them all is maybe 160 fishermen at a time, scattered over 12,500 square miles!
Also, consider Great Slave Lake which is situated some 300 miles south of Great Bear Lake.
An Isolated Frontier City
Great Slave Lake is almost as large an expanse of water, and is almost as isolated but has the convenience of a bustling frontier type city, situated right on its shores.
Yellowknife, the territory capital is also the “hub” for many of the remote northern lakes.
It’s serviced by a modern airport with frequent and daily scheduled flights connecting it with more southern cities or as the northerners call it, “the outside”.
With stats like these, do you think these Canadian fishing lodges can offer a unique fishing experience?
You bet, there is no other place quite like it.
Why not treat yourself and plan on a wonderful “trip of a lifetime”.
Check out what Canada has to offer at one of it’s many Canadian Fishing Lodges. You’ll never regret it!
Now I’d like to hear from you.
If you found this post on Canadian Fishing Lodges informative please share it on social media through the buttons on this page and/or leave a comment below. Thank You For Reading!
For more information and cool fishing products check us out!
Leave a Reply