Frustrating as it is, carp fishing is awesome and when you learn some basic carp fishing tips you can level the playing field.
Lets dive right in.
Some Carp Fishing Tips for Success
Carp are really good at sucking in and blowing out suspicious baits. It’s such an exciting thing to see the whole action in a fraction of a second as you hang on for dear life while the reel is trembling with a loud noise.
While learning some carp fishing tips you should know that carp happily devour on the surface as long as you keep the pellets, biscuits, chic peas, bread and re-hydrated corn coming in and these are inexpensive baits as well.
Just attach them to the hooks, most preferably the bread.
Have the biscuits softened by dipping them in the water for about 2 minutes then place them in a sealed sandwich bag for about an hour. Since different brands have different textures just experiment to know which is firm enough to cast.
Another of the carp fishing tips is to hook baits is super gluing the pellet into the shank.
Not So Picky
Once they get into feeding let them feel comfortable around the bait. This gives more opportunity for the fisherman since they begin to not feel picky. This tactic can be useful for zig rigs.
Among carp fishing tips it is important that as soon as they’re feeding cast the bait but make sure not to drop the bait directly onto the feeding carp.
Cast away from the feeding area then slowly draw it into position. While the bait is till hanging keep the food coming in so as to keep the carp from going away.
How to Set-Up? Some more Carp Fishing Tips
• Use a hair rig to increase your chance of catching the fish. As carp taste food first, if they don’t like the taste they won’t come near it.
• You may also use a Spider Line, 50 lbs test, then use a leader material that fits the situation.
• Thread the bait on the baiting needle and hook the hair loop. You may also use foam dipped in a flavor as this enhances the attractiveness of the bait.
• Also make a baiting needle by just straightening a long shank hook. Slide the bait on the shank then slide the bait from the needle onto the hair.
• Using a float is also an advantage because it adds weight for further distancing and the location is easily identified.
• Don’t forget the controller float rig. A leader can be used which is attached to the swivel to its mainline of at least 3 feet length with a 10lbs Drennan double strength. A low diameter mono will do just as long as it floats well enough for visibility.
Now that you know some carp fishing tips you should have an easier time on your next carp fishing expedition.
Its Not The Bait
As the experts say, it is not the bait that catches the carp but the method in which the bait is introduced. Pre-bait everyday in one spot for a few days.
Word Of Mouth and Carp Fishing Tips
This makes the carp think that there is a regular source of food for them and by “word of mouth” they’ll soon be a school of fish around.
Just be patient and it will all work out.
Now go put these carp fishing tips to good use!
Now I’d like to hear from you.
If you found this post on Carp Fishing Tips informative please share it on social media through the buttons on this page and/or leave a comment below. Thank You For Reading!